Nov 19, 2012
Everybody loves the Woz.
And what’s not to love? Steve Wozniak is a one-of-a-kind genius who invented the personal computer. He’s a billionaire who spends his money having fun, rather than trying to control the world. He’s a practical joker. He’s an iconoclast. And he’s a nerd’s nerd and a geek’s geek who believes in technology and the power of change.
But even the biggest Woz fan has to admit: The man loves the spotlight.
And the main way he grabs it is by saying what nobody expects him to say.
Sure, Woz has engaged in all kinds of publicity stunts. For example, he was on Dancing with the Stars.
Woz has always been a character, but now he’s a character in a violent iOS game called “Vengeance: Woz With A Coz.”
Even though he doesn’t need to, he stands in line to get every new iPhone and iPad.
He even has his own baseball card, for some reason.
But most of his press comes from the unexpected things he’s constantly saying.
The most recent unexpected claim being reported in the press is that Woz said Microsoft is now more innovative than Apple.
That’s not what he said. But what he did say was that he’s noticed and also fears that Microsoft is trying harder to innovate and go in new directions, while Apple has lately just been improving existing products.
He’s said that Microsoft’s new products are so good, it’s as if “Steve Jobs was reincarnated at Microsoft.”
He claims his favorite gadget of all time isn’t an iPhone or an iPad or even the Apple machines he designed and built, but instead the transistor radio he owned as a kid.
He said he “hated” the Apple-Samsung verdict, which found in favor of Apple.
Woz famously sided with Kim Dotcom, and said the piracy case against him threatens Internet innovation.
So does Steve Wozniak make all these unexpected statements to shock and surprise and ultimately to get press?
Or is he just a boldly independent guy who really says what he believes?
- Re-Enable Password Check in iOS 6 To Avoid Nasty In-App Purchase Surprises [iOS Tips]
- Cult of Mac Holiday Gift Guide: Gifts For Him Edition
- Taxes On Capital Gains, Dividends, Blamed For Investors Fleeing Apple Stock
- Apple And Google Talk Arbitration In Hopes Of Ending Their Global Patent Disputes
- A Deal That Will Bring Music To Your Ears [Deals]
- Get Cast In The Steve Jobs Biopic With The Right Look Or Car
- Woz Business Card is Still Ultra Cool
- Politician Heading Efficiency Task Force Calls for More Apple in Government
- It Was Inevitable, But I’m Still Shocked And Saddened By Steve’s Resignation [Opinion]
- Woah! Apple Worth More Than Microsoft And Intel Combined