Apr 29, 2011
A feature called “The Pulse” shows realtime ticket sales (more or less), indicating what movies are going to be hot over the weekend — and which screens will be empty.
Bad news for Fast Five fans: It looks like the movie, which opens on Friday, is going to be sold out. It’s already shaping up to be the biggest pre-sold movie of the year to date, says Fandango’s Harry Medved, who shows us how The Pulse works:
For more fun, see The Onion: Today Now! Interviews The 5-Year-Old Screenwriter Of “Fast Five”
- Fandango Premieres Its First Weekly Show On Mobile, “Weekend Ticket”
- Here Are All The Important Numbers From Today’s Apple Earnings Call
- Apple: We’ve Already Sold 3 Million New iPads!
- Apple’s iPhone Explosion: Chart Shows It’s Just Getting Started
- Fandango Claims 71 Percent Of Star Trek: Into Darkness Ticket Sales, 32 Percent From Mobile Users